- Business English Examination
- English for Business Communication
- Spoken English Test for Business
- English for Office Skills
- Examination report
- Leaflets Brochures
- Performance codes
- Practice Papers
- Recommended booklist
English for Office Skills
This qualiﬁcation is ideal for those dealing with or producing paperwork in English. Candidates undertake a range of realistic workplace based tasks, which test their listening, reading and writing skills. The award recognises the accuracy of their use of English in a range of business documents such as memos, minutes and reports and their ability to proof read the work of others, ensuring precise and effective business communications.
Typical candidates for these assessments are clerical or secretarial staff who may not have to draft original documents, but are certainly expected to prepare final drafts, or prepare documents for publication:
The principal skills tested are linguistic accuracy (spelling, syntax, vocabulary and punctuation), comprehension (listening and reading) and proof-reading.
As with English for Business Communications (8959), assessment is undertaken mainly through practical tasks based on realistic documents.
Because spelling is one of the principal skills tested, the use of dictionaries is not allowed in these examinations.
English for Office Skills is available at two levels: Level 1 and Level 2
Parts of the Test:
- spell difficult words in a given context
- transfer a spoken message into written form
- demonstrate an understanding of a written passage
- identify and correct grammatical errors in a written text
- proof-read documents, with and without access to the original
- distinguish correct word forms for a given context
- provide appropriate punctuation to a given text
Assessment of English for Office Skills is based on a single written examination, which is marked by City & Guilds professional markers.